Returns Policy & Warranty
Strike a Light Blackwood offers a full refund or exchange for website sales for change of mind purchases within a 30-day period with proof of purchase (receipt or website order confirmation email), a restocking fee of upto 20% may be cgarged on some items.
Should your goods be faulty or damaged upon receipt, Strike A Light Blackwood will offer a full refund or exchange in accordance with its obligations under the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth) (“Act”).
To the extent permitted by law, Strike A Light Blackwood:
- limits its obligations and liability for the repair, replacement or refund of the purchase price of any goods to its obligations under the Act;
- is not liable for any contingent, consequential or punitive damages arising in way whatsoever in relation to the use of any goods; and
- is not liable for any claim, loss or expense incurred by any person resulting from the delivery, non-delivery or return of any goods.
- Products that have been installed cannot be returned for a change of mind refund/exchange.
- Products may differ from those pictured on the website due to natural variations in colour/finish, manufacturing/ supplier superseded models and scale of the image.
You have three options for returning your goods.
Returns of purchases made in-store
To receive an immediate exchange or refund, you can return the goods within 30 days to Strike A Light Blackwood. A refund or exchange will be made at the same value as the original purchase price. You must present a copy of your receipt.
All goods must be returned in original packaging and resalable condition. Re stocking fee of 20% may apply for some items.
Returns of purchases made online
To receive an immediate exchange or refund, you can return the goods within 30 days Strike A Light Blackwood . A refund or exchange will be made at the same value as the original purchase price, excluding freight if you had your order home delivered. You must present a copy of your store receipt or website order confirmation email.
All goods must be returned in original packaging and resalable condition. Re stocking fee of 20% may apply on some items.
Return by shipping
To arrange a refund or exchange by sending the goods back to Strike A Light Blackwood, please email our web sales team on Simon enter email here?? or call 08 82786806 (Mon-Fri, 9.00am-5.00pm EST).
You will need to cover the cost of the freight, and include your original receipt or website order confirmation email with your returned items. All goods must be returned in original packaging and resalable condition.
Shipped returns may take up to 14 days to process, and notification will be by email. Re stocking fee of 20% may apply on some items.
All fittings have a minimum 12 month warranty, if installed by a qualified electrician, excluding globes. Proof of purchase and/or Certificate of compliance needs to be presented verify work was undertaken by qualified persons.
Strike A Light Blackwood will supply a manufacturers in home warranty on all hard wired fans if installed by a qualified electrician.
If you have your fan installed by a Strike A Light Blackwood -approved electrician (ask in store for an electrician referall), we will extend your in home warranty on any fan for a further 6 month, courtesy of Strike A Light Blackwood.
Please note: Products that have been installed cannot be returned for a ‘change of mind’ refund.
Unless a product is labelled DIY (Do-It-Yourself), all electrical work must be performed by a licensed electrician.
Additional warranty information
Our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and for compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure.
The costs associated with a claim made against these warranties (i.e. postage) are to be borne by you.
These warranties constitute the entire guarantee by Strike A Light Blackwood. Except where otherwise provided by the Australian Consumer Law, all other obligations, warranties, both expressed and implied are excluded to the fullest extent allowed by law.
Making a Warranty Claim
- Customers can return faulty goods to Strike A Light Blackwood with their receipt, within the Warranty period for repair, replacement or refund.
- Where goods (other than fans) that are faulty have been installed, a warranty claim needs to be submitted to Strike A Light Blackwood via email. An in home warranty claim can be done at Strike A Light Blackwood.
- Where the product is a fan the claim is to be made via the warranty hotline of the relevant supplier. Contact Strike A Light Blackwood for further information.
- For web customers; Return the product(s) to Strike A Light Blackwood where the three conditions above apply.
For more information on making your warranty claim, call Strike A Light Blackwood on 08 82786806 or email Strikealight.
Should you choose to return goods via shipping you would be responsible for the freight costs.